Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snowfall and Spring…

So today in Minnesota there was a “wonderful” snow storm, only like 3 inches or so, no big deal, but it got me thinking about a few things when it comes to winter and snow. 

So by way of a little back story it must be understood that I HATE winter, I mean hate, like I wish I was a bear and could sleep though winter in Minnesota.  I mean I have been trying my best to enjoy winter more, you know find stuff to do like skating, but no matter what I am doing in the winter, outside anyways, I am also thinking about how cold I am and how much I wish it was summer.   So having said that I think there are a few really cool things that can be seen in winter, and the following spring.

1. Winter is ALWAYS followed by spring: Now honestly I think this is the best part of winter.  Now the reason I think that isn’t simply because winter ends when springs starts but much more importantly it is because no matter how bad the winter has been, like this winter, spring always comes.   And when spring does finally come, after many months of me freezing to death, I can’t help but think about how faithful God is to us.

2. Snow is Amazingly annoying: So we have all heard the saying “washed white as snow” but that is not was I think is amazing about snow.  So follow me out on this ok.   Snow sucks, snow is cold, hard to deal with, and annoying but snow brings great things.  I mean think about the fact that EVERY YEAR Minnesota is listed as one of the highs “quality of life” states in America.  I think a big reason behind that is Snow, yeah I said SNOW, because snow cleans the air up as it falls down. So we have amazingly clean air in Minnesota.  I think Snow is God’s reminder of his amazing grace because it shows the way that he cleans us up.

I think there are MANY MANY more thoughts on winter and the way it shows God’s grace and love for us.  But I have not the time tonight to right on it.  I would love to hear any thoughts that you guys have on winter.  (Please comment.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment