Friday, October 5, 2012

Daylight....

(Hold on,
Daylight is coming
To break the dawn.
Daylight is coming...... Remedy Drive)



Its always seemed to me
that the easiest thing for me to do is to forget the daylight when the night is upon me. Its like when I am in a place of darkness mentally I just can't remember what the daylight looks like.  When I see only darkness in my life I forget about looking for daylight, hoping for the sunlight, dreaming about those warm summer days and live only in the winter my darkness has taken me too.  Some where deep down I think in those times of darkness I know that daylight is coming back but when you can't see something believing it is there gets really hard.


I grew up in the great state of Minnesota
Home of some of the worst, coldest, longest winters I know of.  When people from Minnesota talk about "Really Cold" their normally talking about something, at least, a few degrees below zero.  Minnesota winters commonly start in early December, or earlier, and normally go till the end of March or Start of April.  And January is by far the worst.  You are normally looking at a sun that sets around 5pm and temperatures below freezing for most of the month.  As you live through the month of January in Minnesota it is sometime hard to remember what summer feels like.  You forget that Sunlight last for more than 8 hours at some point in the year.  You forget how to drive on dry roads.  You forget what shorts are.  You forget what being warm is like (okay maybe that's just me).

This is how I feel when I forget about God
When I allow my darkness to become the only thing I can remember I become bogged down in my own darkness and weakness.  When I look to myself for help I become cold as winter and dark as night.  Often these times come when I allow myself to be so busy I forget that life isn't about me.  Just how the only way to make it through a Minnesota winter is to have great friends and family who know how to take situations that suck and turn them in to something awesome I must learn how to lean on God as I work through my winters of hard ache and allow him to remind me that summer is coming and daylight has already come in his Son.    






No comments:

Post a Comment