Wednesday, March 28, 2012

And your life doesnt change by the man.... continued.

Its been about a week since I wrote about the fact that I have lost the view point of being an America.  And at the time I wrote the first post I was, truly, totally lost as to why it mattered to be or why it should matter to anyone.  Or in what way, if any, that view point should get me to change the way I live.  So I spent sometime thinking about it, talking about it, praying about it.... and so far there are a few things I see.  So I will share them with you.

At my work there is this guy.  He is a Christian, I have no doubt about that, and he loves politics and love America.  But at every turn I hear him talk about how the economy is going to crash or how America will soon be under martial law.  And this I think is one of the things that moves me so deeply to feel the way I do.   Simply put it is that fact that, as followers of Jesus, our well being and hope is not in America, or any other nation for that matter, it is in our Lord and Savior Jesus. This seems so important to me. Because knowing that no matter what happens to America my life is not about what is going on around me but rather about my ability to grow closer to God and shine his light.

I have friends of mine, all great Christian people, who supported the way in Iraq(1), well they, seemingly, voted on a president based largely on the fact that he was "pro-life".(2) Well to me one of the greatest things that comes from this view point of not being an America (as I touched in the first post) is the fact that you do not view politics as the answer and hopefully this gets you, and me, working harder to change the people and world around us rather than waiting for someone else to do it for us.

My Mother, who I love very much(3), who believes, in someway, in America as a Christian nation. And to me this is something I wish I felt okay about believing but as I look at China and see that a nation that no one would consider being a Christian nation I start to believe that maybe seeing America as a Christian nation has made us complacent?  Because if China is the place where the Church is growing the fastest and its not a Christian nation than maybe if we stopped view America as a Christian nation we would see growth a little more like China.

Let me finish by saying that in no way to I expect you to join me at this view point.... if this is a place where God wants you to be he will get you there.... but what I do want for all of the Church, me most of all, is to be asking questions about the status quo in order to keep growing and changing.  So this is where I am and I pray that you are finding more out about God and yourself everyday.  Thanks for reading guys.


{(1.) Let me just say that I support the reason behind the war.... however I can not find a way to justify the death of people for a war.  Again I find myself at a place where I can honestly say I don't know how this works..... guess I will have to write about that when I get a better idea.}

{(2) It has for a long time seemed to me that no matter what political party, of the two big ones, don't know much about the other ones, you vote for that that party finds a way to kill people.  If you vote Republican they go to war and kill people in other countries as well as watch Americas die.  If you vote Democrat then they allow abortion which kills many unborn babies.....  Seems to me like the both have their problems.}

{(3) Feel free to comment, or talk to me about this mom, since I have put you here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment