Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stepping out or staying put?

I always told myself that when this moment came and God presented me with a way to step out of the boat in faith that I wouldn't even need to think twice. I always thought that when "that moment came" that I would have a lighting bolt strike the ground in front of me and spell out the words "Go, do as I say!" Yeah I know that sounds a little over the top, and I really never believed that, but I always thought that when the time came for God to call me, possible, to something new it wouldn't be so hard. That staying put wouldn't seem so attractive. That what God wanted to send me to would be a place where, even if I wasn't comfortable, I would be doing something I LOVE so much it wouldn't even matter.

And now I stand on the edge of a cliff and it all seems so much more cloudy. It seems like I sit up at night yelling out for God to just show me what he wants for me and the best he does is make it so no one says I am crazy for even thinking about this. Or simply having me read Bible passage that just talk about faith, and living for God.

This is when something hit me. Something that proved my former, lighting from the sky, viewpoint to be wrong. This simple revelation is the fact that if God was to send a lighting bolt from the sky to tell me what to do then what would be the point of faith? If I knew before I made a choice then I would never have to believe in God. Faith in God would be like betting on a house that was running a race by its self!!! You already know its gonna win!!! So what kinda faith, risk, or belief is that???

Sure this does Nothing to help me figure out what the next step is in my life but it does tell me to have faith because God may not be the only house in the race but I know for sure that he is gonna be the winning house in the end so I will do my best to listen to the "still small voice" and follow it whenever it leads.

(Prayers and Words of advice are very welcomed!)

2 comments:

  1. Adam, I obviously can't tell you what God is leading you to, but having been in a similar place not that long ago I urge you to leap. You can continue to be stuck in a rut and feel sorry for yourself and complain or you can push yourself to move forward towards something new. Diving into the unknown is always scary and there is always the urge to stay in the rut that we hate just because we know what to expect. You'll never experience the joy of God's leading if you always play it safe. Jump, my friend and I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm glad you are seeking God's will for your life, and that you long to be a man of integrity and righteousness. As a rather bias party in this situation, I will refrain from giving your advise other than to remind you what Scripture says, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" Matthew 5:6

    Stay thirsty my friend!

    ReplyDelete